The season of high volume Spring and Summer RV vacationing is in full swing. When there are a lot of RVs on the road, there is bound to be a lot of RV damage that occurs. For the driver, whether it is your RV or the family vehicle is in a collision, you are still in need of vehicle repair and left needing to find an auto body collision repair shop that services RVs and that you trust. The big question is how to find that trustworthy shop. It’s not unlike finding a good doctor. There are hundreds out there to choose from, but you want to be sure that you are going to turn your health over to someone you trust. So how do you do it?
Estimates from various auto body shops can differ widely. You may find that one shop is willing to make the repairs for $800 while the next shop tells you it will cost $2,500. How do you know if the cheaper shop is cutting corners, or if the more expensive shop is being greedy and taking advantage of you?
A few tips to remember when looking for RV body repair in Tucson, Arizona:
Ask Friends and Family: There are a hundred different ways for a Tucson, Arizona RV body repair shop to advertise and try to gain your business. They can be pretty convincing with their claims. You would like to think that these claims are true for the most part, but unless you know someone who has been there, you really won’t know for sure. One method of feeling confident that a body shop does good work is to go where your friends or family members say that they have been, and had remarkable experiences. It may not be a huge shop, and it may not be the fanciest, but if you know that they provide good, quality work at a fair price, you can’t go too wrong.
Get more than one estimate: Take your damaged RV to more than one shop and see what the range of the estimates are. There are some that may be incredibly lower than the others. This is not necessarily the one you should go with. There are those who exercise unethical practices that enable them to give such low pricing, and this could lead to problems down the road when you realize that your repair was not performed with expertise. Also, by visiting more than one Tucson, Arizona RV body repair shops, you may get a certain feel for who you trust and who you do not.
Know what questions to ask: As you look for the right RV collision repair specialist, you must walk in with confidence, knowing some of the right questions to ask. For instance:
- How long is the shop warranty on their work, or is there even a warranty at all? What all does the warranty cover? Are there hidden stipulations and conditions for the warranty to be in effect? You, as the consumer, need to know that the work performed on your recreational vehicle is going to last.
- Another good question to ask your collision repair center is if they have insurance that covers fire and theft. You would hate to lose your vehicle because it was stolen or destroyed while getting repaired at what you thought was a reputable place.
- Ask the auto body repair shop how long their business has been open, and assure that they have a current business license.
- Find out if they intend on using new or used parts, aftermarket or original parts from the dealer. There are no correct answers for theses questions, as different repairs may call for different types of parts. There are times when aftermarket parts can save you a great deal of money. Sometimes, a used part will suffice, rather than using a brand new one. Nevertheless, it is good to discuss it with the technician to see what the answers are.
- Lastly, ask about the number of coats of paint and clear coat they intend on using. This may also vary from shop to shop.
Don’t discount your gut instinct: You will always walk away from a shop with a certain feeling inside. You may feel that the people helping you were accommodating and knowledgeable. You may think that the person speaking to you was gruff and unwilling to help you understand what you need to know. You may get a sense that if you leave your RV there, you will not be pleased with the outcome.
For years, Cutting Edge Refinishing has been serving as a respected Tucson RV body and full service auto body collision repair shop. Their specialty is collision repair, custom paint (including graphics and airbrushing on autos and motorcycles), restorations, and RV body and paint repair. They go the extra mile to be sure that each of their customers seeking repairs to their RVs or vehicles of any kind have all the answers they need, and that they are comfortable with the people they will be working with.